While security and confidential data shredding is our main focus, we take great pride in continually working towards enhancing the value of your brand through sustainability. We are increasingly concerned that all our working procedures are helping you to positively contribute to our environment and decrease the carbon footprint impact.
Having met the ISO14001 requirements, we work closely alongside ISO auditors to ensure that we can prove positive environmental management structure and procedures are in place for the organisation. With our highly efficient custom built shredding machinery, you can be assured that we are constantly working to improve our environmental sustainability.
Did you know?
- Making paper from raw materials produces 70% more greenhouse gases than if it was to be made from recycled materials.
- A forest the size of Wales is needed to supply the amount of paper that is used in the UK every single year.
- 11 million tonnes of CO2 equivalent emissions were avoided by recycling paper and cardboard in 2008. This is the equivalent of taking 3 ½ million cars off of the road.
- The amount of paper that is buried in landfill sites each year would fill 103,448 double-decker buses, which if parked nose to tail, would go from London to Milan.
- It has been estimated that recycling half the world’s paper would avoid the harvesting of 20 million acres of forestland.